Company Description and SWOT Analysis
Create a description of your selected company and a SWOT matrix that includes trends, strategic positioning, distribution channels, and risks.
You already chose a company (Yummy-Yummy ) and created a description and mission statement for it. In this assignment, you will need to revise your selected company’s description and mission statement based on the feedback you received in the chat thread. You will also include a brief narrative that provides the rationale for including each component of the mission statement.
Likewise, in the Week 2 discussion, you began work on your SWOT (strength, weakness, opportunity, threat) matrix. Your task in this assignment is to revise your SWOT matrix based on the feedback you received in the chat box. You will also summarize the key learnings from your SWOT matrix.
Reminders and Notes
· Your chosen company will operate in a 100-mile radius from your home address. Your goal is to reach $1 million in sales by the end of the second year.
The specific requirements for this assignment are to write a 3 page paper in which you:
1. Describe the product or service on which the company is focusing, including the company’s name and its significance.
2. Revise the company’s mission statement based on feedback , including the rationale for each component of the mission statement.
o Place the mission statement within quotation marks.
1. Describe the trends in your specific industry, focusing on your particular type of product or service.
o Research and outline industry trends. Be sure to consider the size and growth rate for the overall industry and for the specific product or service on which you are focusing.
1. Describe the company’s distribution channels and provide the rationale for your selection.
o Sample questions to ask when choosing distribution channels:
§ Will you sell your product in grocery stores, restaurants, or sports venues?
§ Will you sell your product online or as a subscription?
§ Where will the service be offered?
1. Revise your selected company’s SWOT matrix based on feedback from chat box and summarize the key learnings from your matrix.
o Be sure to use the SWOT Matrix [DOCX] (table) when revising your SWOT matrix.